My Top Five Disappointing Books of 2014

01 December 2014


I have heard so many great things about this forbidden romance between brother and sister. I expected broken heart, but what I got instead: boring story. I read until 50% of the book and then just skip to the end. Blah! Not a single tear. However, writing was good. maybe if this book was 150 pages shorter it could have been better. But I'm definitely in minority here. Everyone loved it except me. *shrugs*




When I saw this book in my local book store I didn't hesitate to buy it. After all, I've read so many raving reviews. It was just okay. I don't get the hype. I've read better books.



Ah, one of my biggest disappointment of the year. This book ruined this series for me. Why did they have to drag it? Why? Why? I loved Gideon's and Eva's story! It should have been only trilogy. But they had to add two more books. *sigh* maybe I'll read the final book. maybe. I hope it'll be better than this one. 


I won this book in a giveaway, but I only managed to read half of it. main heroine's life was as exciting as mine. Definitely not something I wanna read about in a book. So no. Pity! It had great reviews...


I adored the first book in this series. Chance and Dakota were my favorite not-yet-but-soon-to-be couple from Falling by Design. However, their story was much better in previous book when they "hated" each other. I thought their love story would be epic, but it didn't happen. It was okay, but not what I expected. 


Lessons learned? Don't trust the hype. Don't trust your friends. You'll end up reading not so great books. 

But maybe you'll enjoy these books. After all we don't have the same taste. 

3 comments:

  1. Aw. I'm disappointed you didn't love Forbidden as much as I did. But even I could admit that the book tended to be slow at times. Also, it's hard to enjoy it when you can't see past the icky parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was reading the book with my friend. She didn't like it too, it was really slow. But I'm glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am skeptical towards reading Forbidden and Easy. I have heard they are great books and the themes they consider are good. Still, I'm not sure I can handle the incest and rape... I like dark and twisted books, but I'm just weirded out by these ones.

    Cucie @ Cucie reads

    ReplyDelete